Our client who is currently part of the delivery team on a prestigious rail project are currently looking for a Integration & Test Engineer.
You will be asked to contribute to all aspects of system integration and system testing including writing of the test specification, conducting the testing, reporting defects.
Our client will supply a new SCADA-based transportation control system and other associated systems in a programme extending over several years. The equipment to be integrated and tested includes SCADA, Radio, PLCs, RTUs, Passenger Information Displays, Passenger Address equipment, RTUs, LAN/WAN equipment.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
The successful applicant will work within the Integration & Test team under the guidance of the Integration & Test Manager.
The main duties include
- Interfacing with project team
- Interfacing with the client, to gain approval of test specifications and to host acceptance testing activities
- Planning of activities to be performed and the resources required, to achive project milestones
- Reporting on progress
- Writing and execution of Test Specifications
- Recording test results and raising issues.
- Managing other test engineers
- Write test specification, working from system requirements
- Execute test specifications (according to test plan and project schedule)
- Record results of test execution
- Raise/investigate/verify defects
- Maintain quality target/standard
- Escalate issues to the Integration & Test Manager where necessary
- Provide status reports to the Integration & Test Manager
Features of the job:
- The work will be carried out at our clients premises in Greater Manchester.
- Occasional travel to Customer sites is required.
Qualifications and Training:
- Degree qualification and/or relevant experience
Work Experience, Skills and Knowledge:
- Production & execution of test specifications
- Raising of defectsFull test cycle experience
- Familiarity with the testing of SCADA applications
- Customer facing acceptance role
- Ethernet / IP knowledge
- Server / workstation configuration
Test tool experience
- Requirements management and tracing tools experience (i.e. DOORS)
- Defect reporting (JIRA)
- Configuration control
Qualities, Abilities and Aptitudes:
- -Self motivated, innovative and willing to exercise initiative.
- Customer focused, acting as an ambassador with the client.
- Able to overcome barriers and make things happen
- To have the ability to work individually as well as part of a team.
- To be willing to share knowledge
Job Type: Contract/Temp
Location: Greater Manchester, Greater Manchester, UK
Start Date: ASAP
Duration: 6 Months
Salary: Up To £285-00 per Day
Ref No: 100432-RAIL-IW-IT020
Date Advertised: 11 May 2009
For more information: Integration & Test Engineer