An exciting opportunity to work for this leading defence communication and high technology organisation in a role where you will be required to test new equipment manufactured by this globally recognised organisation to correct specifications to component level.
Responsibilities as a Test Engineer:
- Provide test assistance to colleagues within the manufacturing department and support for the repair of customer returned equipment.
- Test PCB sub assemblies and final assemblies to specification.
- Record results on production test reports.
- Supply the correct WIP information to supervisor relating to tasks carried out.
- Perform faultfinding/repair on faulty equipment to component level.
- Provide fault records and FTY information for work carried out.
- Carry out ESD, PATS testing and equipment calibration duties as required.
- Correct and amend test procedures/reports, when required, liaising with Engineering dept.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience as a Test Engineer
- ONC/OND minimum, in Electronics or equivalent (or working towards this).
- Minimum of 2 years in relevant electronics role.
- Computer literate.
- Experience in analogue, digital and RF electronics within a relevant test environment.
- Competent in use of RF test equipment.
- Ability to follow and carry out complex test procedures.
- Good, developing, faultfinding skills.
- Good communications Skills both written and oral.
- Work solo or part of a team.
- Best Technical Recruiter 2008 and 2007
- Best Engineering Staffing Company 2007
- Best Induction, Training & Career Development Programme
CBSbutler operates as both an employment business and an employment agency.
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Cheltenham, Gloucester, Stroud, Gloucestershire
Start Date: ASAP
Salary: £28k – £32k pa
Ref No: 13816-PDE758000_056800
Date Advertised: 11 May 2009