We currently have an immediate requirement for a Control Systems Test Engineer to work for a leading international energy services company, based in Aberdeen.
My client is looking for a Experienced Controls Test Engineer willing to be based in Aberdeen running a Test Cell Facility. Typically my client is looking for Turbine Performance Engineers with Test Cell exposure. A Controls or Commissioning background is essential.
The Engineer will be based at my client’s Aberdeen base for the majority of the role, however some site and offshore work will be required.
Key responsibilities for this position include but are not limited to the following:
- To improve test reliability and strive for first time pass.
- Provision of technical and fault-finding support on gas turbine control systems to internal and external customers during testing function.
- Provision of operational technical support for internal customers.
- Responsible for the continuous improvement of processes and systems – review of lessons learned; formal close out with internal customers.
- Effective communication, both internally and externally.
- Observe and enforce Company rules and regulations and comply with Company safety, quality and management systems.
- Liaison with Production Support to ensure all customer documentation is up to date.
- Responsible for the timely extraction of Test Support Data, including vibration, and supply to Production Support.
- Responsible for Controls issues on turbine packages.
- Project management for annual maintenance including liaison with sub-contractors and maintenance budget control.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications/knowledge:
- Product knowledge of gas turbines and gas turbine control systems past and present essential.
- Knowledge of and ability to interpret technical drawings.
- Ability to plan job effectively preferably including cost management.
- Experience of OEM control systems including RP2, Allen Bradley PLC5/40 and CL5000, Siemens S7 preferred. Also detailed knowledge of turbine systems.
- Experience and working knowledge of Rolls Royce Entronics Control System.
- Able to lead and co-ordinate a multi-disciplined matrix managed team.
- NVQ/SVQ/NC (or equivalent) – Time Served or equivalent.
- Good communication skills.
- Fault finding and diagnosis skills essential.
- Must be able to interpret technical requests from internal or external customers.
- Reporting writing skills essential.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Must be computer literate (MS Word, MS Excel, MS Project, technical programmes).
- Detailed knowledge of P&IDs, Control Schematics and Gas Turbine Systems working essential.
- Experience of Six Sigma and/or Lean manufacturing processes preferred.
- Knowledge and experience of safe working systems including Permit to Work, Risk Assessments, Method Statements etc.
Matchtech Group Plc is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Vacancy Contact Details
Matchtech Group Plc
01489 898989 (T)
01489 898290 (F)
Contact Name: Jason Waterman
View Details Online: Control Systems Test Engineer
|Salary||£35,000 – £45,000 pa|
|Reference Number||Job ID 195900|