With naval heritage going back over 150 years, our client is a shipbuilding and support company that brings together two major defence engineering groups in a joint venture to establish the UK’s leading provider of surface warships and through-life support.
Their customers include the MOD and major overseas customers and they are a leader in the global export market for warships and innovative naval surface ship support.
With operations in Glasgow, Portsmouth and Filton near Bristol, they employ over 7,000 people and provide a total design, integration, build, and support capability encompassing the whole spectrum of military vessels from Aircraft Carriers through to Rigid Inflatable Boats.
The Type 45 Destroyer Test & Commissioning have a vacancy for an Operations/Governance Manager. The prime purpose of this role is to;
- Be the responsible manager, for day to day & long term Operational/Governance management of the department assisting the Senior Commissioning Manager to deliver the Six Ship Contract and support the T & C Commissioning Managers.
- To be the responsible manager within the T45 Test & Commissioning Department, for day to day & long term Operational Management of the department, assisting the Senior Commissioning Manager to deliver the Six Ship Contract and support the T & C managers.
Key responsibility areas
- "Provide the day to day management and long term planning of the T45 T & C Department.
- "Monitor progress on Ship specific Level 3 Commissioning Programmes, assist in the compilation business data and metrics for monthly project meetings.
- "Identify and develop efficiency improving process and practices within the T45 T&C department.
- "Ensure commissioning activities are conducted at a high marine, safety, environmental and quality standard in accordance with company requirements.
- "Establishing and developing T45 Commissioning control logs for Lessons Learnt and Risk
- "Ensure risk assessments are raised for T & C evolutions and conduct reviews of Process Instructions relevant to T45 T & C.
- "Oversee and manage the Platform Test Group Meetings to ensure acceptance requirements are achieved for AOC in each ship in the class.
- "Establish and ensure sound working relationships with internal & external stakeholders.
- "Assist where necessary with Sea Trial Preparations Planning.
- "Monitor T45 T & C activities ensuring health and safety issues are addressed and anticipated.
- "Take the lead role in the management of sub contractors on site for platform system setting to work.
- "Ensuring successful liaison between individual ship staffs and T45 T & C.
- "Excellent man management skills and extensive leadership in a multi disciplined engineering environment.
- "Strong commitment and self motivation.
- "Knowledge and experience of engineering practices and commissioning strategies.
- "Highly developed communication and interpersonal skills with proven ability to communicate verbally and in writing at senior level within T45 and senior customer representatives.
- "Works constructively both within a team and across the whole project to ensure that business and project milestones are met.
- "Must have a strong personal commitment to SHE.
- "Ability to conduct forward planning of resources, materials and key events in a fast moving project environment to ensure departmental deliverables are successfully achieved
Vacancy Contact Details
If you feel you have the relevant skills and experience for this role please apply now or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org -Jenna Beard Defence Recruitment Consultant
Please note all candidates will need to be able to obtain Security Clearance to be considered for this vacancy. Therefore you will need to have been a permanent UK resident for the last 5 years to be eligible for this role.
By sending us your CV, you are explicitly consenting to our processing of your personal data on a computer database and/or in manual files for the purpose of evaluating your application for employment.
This processing will be carried out in accordance with the UK Data Protection Act 1998.
In compliance with the regulations in place under the Employment Agencies Act, proof of identification will be required.
A current copy of a passport, driving license, ID card or NI card will be required as part of the registration process.
|Salary||£34,000 – £40,000 pa|