Working within our modern air-conditioned electronic assembly and test facility, you will be responsible for testing and fault-finding to component level on a wide arrange of complex communication and related electronic systems. You will join a team applying their broad electronic knowledge and experience effectively whilst working to high quality standards and tight deadlines. Join one of our growing teams involved in the assembly, inspection and test of a wide range of complex communication and electronic systems.
Key Objectives / Areas of Responsibility
Undertaking testing and fault-finding to component level ensuring that specified equipment and procedures are used
Continual review of existing test specifications to ensure they are fit for purpose and to identify changes to enhance test processes
Understanding and adherence to local Health & Safety and ESD procedures as well as actively identifying, and responding to, any additional risks whilst undertaking tests
Establish productive working relationships with design, engineering and planning teams to maintain regular liaison to discuss issues and agree improvements to designs, plans and test specifications
Development of test specifications for newly developed products, including the provision of test documentation
Experience and Knowledge Requirements
- In-depth practical experience of electronic test and fault-finding gained from working in a high quality manufacturing environment
- An ONC/HNC or higher in Electronics Engineering
- The ability to work to tight deadlines and willingness to provide out-of hours support on a rota basis
- Strong problem solving skills
- Good computer skills and competency in basic MS Office applications
- Excellent communication and liaison skills
- An enthusiastic, self starting approach with an appetite for success
- Good organisation skills for a demanding environment
- Willingness to learn, improve and adapt
- A degree in Electronic Engineering
- Experience of RF circuit testing
- Experience of inspection of electronic assemblies
- The ability to develop test programmes using LabVIEW
- The ability to develop test programmes using Boundary Scan Technology
- Experience of using Microsoft Visio
- An appreciation of JTAG technology
About the Company
This is not your average job… when you’re dealing with the UK’s National Security there are no margins for error.
From day one you will be part of a multi-skilled project team delivering communication systems for use by Her Majesty’s Government at home and overseas. Not an easy task given the challenging requirements of securing Government information in today’s world.
We are looking for people who thrive in a team environment, relish the challenge of problem solving and who are passionate about engineering.
Our in-house manufacturing division works closely with our design office to turn cutting edge prototypes into manufactured products using the latest CAD/CAM systems. As an idea develops from concept to reality, it will be scrutinised by production control specialists.
PCB manufacture, mechanical fabrication together with assembly and test staff ensure that the final product meets the most exacting standards.