My client located in Northamptonshire is a very well established electronics engineering company specializing in the design, manufacturing, installation, commissioning and support of specialized encrypted digital video transmission systems.
This includes Microwave Video Downlinks, RF Inhibitors, Jammers and Analogue Video Links for the Police, Government and Military.
Due to continued expansion my client is now looking for a Digital Test Engineer to join their existing successful team.
The Digital Test Engineer will be responsible for the test and repair of microwave systems down to component levels.
- To ensure that the testing and repair of equipment is carried out effectively.
- Build microwave systems from modules and component parts.
- Make noise figure measurements and be able to set up and tune microwave receivers and amplifier chains.
- Ability to analyze problems and evaluate potential solutions.
- Adhere to relevant test regulations to ensure the equipment is safe to use.
- Fault find right down to component level and repair the necessary components to ensure that it is more effective.
- You will be required to test a number of systems including standard definition, high definition and analogue video systems.
- You will be required to do all final tests before the dispatch of end products.
- Ability to operate effectively in a high-pressure environment with the minimum amount of supervision.
- This is a very hand on role so you will be required to undertake practical work whilst assisting other members of the Digital Video Test Department as and when required.
- Minimum HNC / HND Electrical / Electronic Engineering or a similar subject.
- Working knowledge of Coded Orthogonal Frequency Domain Multiplexing (C.O.F.D.M).
- Amateur Radio License Holder desirable.
- Experience within a similar RF or Amplifier role.
- Strong background within test and measurement system operation.
- Excellent Communication skills.
Vacancy Contact Details
For more information and to apply for this position, please send your CV with a covering email to explain why you feel you should be considered for this post.
Intech Recruitment Limited
(T) 0870 909 3388
(T) 01525 860 146
(F) 0870 909 3377
Contact Name: James Coull
Unless otherwise stated, if applying for a job within the European Union, you must ensure that you are already authorised to work there.
|Location||Northamptonshire, Leicestershire, Warwickshire, Buckinghamshire, Oxfordshire, Bedfordshire|
|Salary||£28,000 – £35,000 pa + benefits|