Senior Software Tester / Software Tester / Test Automation Engineer / Tester / Test Analyst (full lifecycle automated testing of software development projects / web server technologies using open source tools and XML) Bristol / South West. £28K-£35K plus excellent comprehensive benefits which include bonus plus pension, health, sharesave and more !
Are you a highly competent Software Tester? Would you like to work for a market leading and global PLC software house at the cutting edge of technology who really reward their staff on merit, if so, I have a superb opportunity !
My client is seeking a talented senior individual who is passionate about automated testing who will be responsible for the QA and testing phase of software development projects. Responsibilities will cover the complete lifecycle of testing activities, including preparation of test plans and test cases, execution of tests, replication of faults, test reporting, retesting and closeout.
You will have competence in much of the following ;
- develop and implement test suites and scripts for automated testing
- liaise with and perhaps mentor a small team of automated test engineers based in Bangalore, India
- developing test plans and scripts exercising the full range of available functionality
- testing in multiple domains (performance, usability, functional etc)
- execution of tests in accordance with plans and release schedules
- accurate reporting on test execution
- maintaining the quality of the tested deliverables and defects
- configuration of test environments
- reporting to QA Manager on progress in developing test suites and documentation of the test framework
- working with development to clarify expected system behaviour.
You should also have much of the following
- exposure to open source web testing tools
- the ability to lead a remote team to develop and implement automated tests
- ability to create automated tests for Web Server Technologies
- experience in scripting automated tests for both new products and product maintenance
- knowledge in developing and implementing reusable and scalable automated test harnesses (NUnit and .NET experience is relevant)
- HTML and XML, experience in configuring test environments
- good understanding and experience of structured testing techniques.
If you have any of the following then this would be further advantageous
- MS SQL Server including SQL Scripting
- Microsoft Windows
- Client/Server technologies
- knowledge of WatiN and/or Selenium
- working with AJAX type applications
- understanding of XPath.
To learn more about this excellent, unique opportunity please send a CV as soon as possible, immediate interviews !
Vacancy Contact Details
|Location||Bristol, South West, England|
|Salary||£28,000 – £35,000 pa + bonus + pension|