We are searching for a Product support / Quality Engineer to work at our Clients Aerospace site in Farnborough, Hampshire.
CANDIDATES MUST HAVE LIVED IN THE UK FOR THE PAST 5 YEARS AND A UNLIMITED RIGHT TO REMAIN IN ORDER TO GAIN SECURITY CLEARANCE
The Electric Propulsion (EP) team need a Product Assurance (PA) Engineer to provide day to day support of ongoing and future development and flight hardware manufacture and test programmes. The successful applicant will need practical experience of a PA engineering role in a space technology environment ideally including technology development and the provision of spaceflight hardware or ground support equipment. They will also need to demonstrate a clear understanding of, and a practical working knowledge of, ESA processes and standards.
The successful applicant will work closely with the EP team on a day to day basis and be based in the EP laboratory complex, reporting to the Space Department PA Manager.
- EP Team PA Inspection and Test Engineer: Supporting the production of Electric Propulsion systems using T5 and T6 thruster technologies.
- BepiColombo PA Inspection and Test Engineer: Inspection/Testing of the T6 engine with contractors’ equipment in the clients and third party test facilities
- The co-ordination and monitoring of quality control activities relating to space parts, to ensure that products comply with defined standards and that customer product specifications are met.
- To ensure quality activities are operated in compliance with the procedures contained in the Quality Manual and to ensure their effectiveness.
- To ensure that the inspection methods and practices implemented are effective.
- To ensure the inspection status of material, parts and assemblies is maintained.
- To provide regular analytical feedback of information on internal and external non-conforming products to the appropriate department(s) and to ensure that corrective/preventive action is timely and effective
- To review and authorise release documentation.
- To interface with CM, and review and authorise release of items under configuration control.
- To participate in Manufacturing/Design and Project Reviews as appropriate. Familiarity with BOM / BSL’s etc.
Knowledge, skills and personal qualities required
- Experience of International Aerospace/Space Quality Standards (AS 9100 or ECSS etc)
- Knowledge of Quality Control techniques
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes and qualification requirements
- Logical approach to problem solving
- Ability to multi-task effectively
- Ability to communicate at all levels
- Undertake and understand expert output in the domain of spacecraft Electric Propulsion
- Perform inspections and tests in the clients and third-party test facilities.
- Operate and ensure general compliance with ESA-ECSS approved product and quality assurance systems.
- PA Inspection and test support on specific EP test programmes.
- Problem solving / Innovative
- Effective communicator
- Adaptable / Flexible / Responsive
- Degree qualified or equivalent in engineering or technical sciences is required, together with experience in Product Assurance and Quality Assurance, preferably in the space industry.
- You will need the ability to work with minimum supervision, able to work in a multinational environment, work closely in teams and have good written and oral presentations skills.
- Knowledge of ESA ECSS processes and procedures and/or ISO-9001.
- Some experience of implementing Product Assurance requirements within a quality system certified to ISO 9001 would be an asset.
- Knowledge of Configuration Management.
TO APPLY FOR THIS ROLE CANDIDATES MUST HAVE LIVED IN THE UK AND A UNLIMITED RIGHT TO REMAIN IN ORDER TO GAIN SECURITY CLEARANCE
Matchtech Group Plc is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Job Type: Permanent
Start Date: ASAP
Salary: £25k – £30k pa
Ref No: 17906-194474SPR_716313
Date Advertised: 07 May 2009