An exciting opportunity to work for this leading defence communication and high technology organisation in a role where you will be required to test new equipment manufactured by this globally recognised organisation to correct specifications to component level.
Responsibilities as a Test Engineer:
- Provide test assistance to colleagues within the manufacturing department and support for the repair of customer returned equipment.
- Test PCB sub assemblies and final assemblies to specification.
- Record results on production test reports.
- Supply the correct WIP information to supervisor relating to tasks carried out.
- Perform faultfinding/repair on faulty equipment to component level.
- Provide fault records and FTY information for work carried out.
- Carry out ESD, PATS testing and equipment calibration duties as required.
- Correct and amend test procedures/reports, when required, liaising with Engineering dept.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience as a Test Engineer
- ONC/OND minimum, in Electronics or equivalent (or working towards this).
- Minimum of 2 years in relevant electronics role.
- Computer literate.
- Experience in analogue, digital and RF electronics within a relevant test environment.
- Competent in use of RF test equipment.
- Ability to follow and carry out complex test procedures.
- Good, developing, faultfinding skills.
- Good communications Skills both written and oral.
- Work solo or part of a team.
- Best Technical Recruiter 2008 and 2007
- Best Engineering Staffing Company 2007
- Best Induction, Training & Career Development Programme
CBSbutler operates as both an employment business and an employment agency.
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Cheltenham, Gloucester, Stroud, Gloucestershire
Start Date: ASAP
Salary: £28k – £32k pa
Ref No: 13816-PDE758000_056800
Date Advertised: 11 May 2009
Red River’s Crawley-based client urgently requires an experienced Electronics Engineer to join their busy R&D Department.
Responsibilities will include:
* The design & development of electro-mechanical assemblies, (analogue & digital).
* The design & build of test equipment.
* Build and test of prototype electronic and electro-mechanical assemblies.
* Design and layout of integrated circuits to assist the Development Departments in the UK and overseas.
Red River is an independent specialist agency providing permanent recruitment solutions to companies throughout the UK in all sectors of the engineering, manufacturing and construction industries. Covering a broad range of skills and disciplines, we work as closely as possible with both clients and candidates to resolve their recruitment issues in a timely, cost effective and professional manner.
Whatever your requirements, whether an employer or a jobseeker, our consultants are always available to listen, advise and assist.
Skills and Qualifications Qualifications, skills & experience required: Electronics Engineering Degree or equivalent. * Extensive experience in electronics design company. * Knowledge of Electronic Design, CAD, Production and Test equipment. * Good understanding of PCB assembly methods including surface mount. * Previous experience in circuit design with 80C31 / 87C51 series micro-processors. * Ability to fault find to component level on analogue, digital and embedded microprocessors technologies. * Competency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and outlook essential. Additional experience preferred/advantageous: * Experience in electronics R&D. * USB design and interface design. * An understanding of stepper motors and stepper motor control. Salary: Negotiable depending on experience + benefits (please state salary requirements when applying) Please Note: Regrettably we are unable to respond to all applications due to the high volume currently being received. Applicants with skills and experience closely matching our clients’ requirements will be contacted within 7 days. If you have not been contacted within 7 days your application will not have been successful on this occasion. Unless instructed otherwise by you, we will keep your details on record so that we may consider you for future vacancies as they arise. If this isn’t quite the job you are looking for please visit our website to view all of our current engineering and technical job vacancies. Alternatively please feel free to email your CV or just call us to discuss your options – we look forward to hearing from you. Red River Resourcing Ltd operates as an employment agency for this, and many other engineering, technical and professional vacancies.
Company: Red River Resourcing Ltd
Salary: Salary Negotiable + Benefits
Location: Crawley, West Sussex