Leading electronics manufacturer based in Hampshire is seeking a product specialise to join there quality / testing team to make sure that all products produced meet regulatory and internal standards. The products are consumer products like( LCD’s, DVD etc..) The role will also involve providing technical support on a variety of electronic / electrical products. You will need to understand QA procedures and test methodologies coupled with knowledge of electronic engineering. Full spec is available – please send your CV across to firstname.lastname@example.org . Salary is c£34-38,000 + excellent benefits. This is not a product testing role – you need to have experience of marketing electronic products in magazines such as Which?
This vacancy is being advertised by Concept IT. The services advertised by Concept IT are those of an Employment Agency.
Concept IT – Head Office
08708 507 888 (T)
01384 254415 (F)
Contact: Robert Taylor
||£34,000-£38,000 + Benefits
We are searching for a Product support / Quality Engineer to work at our Clients Aerospace site in Farnborough, Hampshire.
CANDIDATES MUST HAVE LIVED IN THE UK FOR THE PAST 5 YEARS AND A UNLIMITED RIGHT TO REMAIN IN ORDER TO GAIN SECURITY CLEARANCE
The Electric Propulsion (EP) team need a Product Assurance (PA) Engineer to provide day to day support of ongoing and future development and flight hardware manufacture and test programmes. The successful applicant will need practical experience of a PA engineering role in a space technology environment ideally including technology development and the provision of spaceflight hardware or ground support equipment. They will also need to demonstrate a clear understanding of, and a practical working knowledge of, ESA processes and standards.
The successful applicant will work closely with the EP team on a day to day basis and be based in the EP laboratory complex, reporting to the Space Department PA Manager.
- EP Team PA Inspection and Test Engineer: Supporting the production of Electric Propulsion systems using T5 and T6 thruster technologies.
- BepiColombo PA Inspection and Test Engineer: Inspection/Testing of the T6 engine with contractors’ equipment in the clients and third party test facilities
- The co-ordination and monitoring of quality control activities relating to space parts, to ensure that products comply with defined standards and that customer product specifications are met.
- To ensure quality activities are operated in compliance with the procedures contained in the Quality Manual and to ensure their effectiveness.
- To ensure that the inspection methods and practices implemented are effective.
- To ensure the inspection status of material, parts and assemblies is maintained.
- To provide regular analytical feedback of information on internal and external non-conforming products to the appropriate department(s) and to ensure that corrective/preventive action is timely and effective
- To review and authorise release documentation.
- To interface with CM, and review and authorise release of items under configuration control.
- To participate in Manufacturing/Design and Project Reviews as appropriate. Familiarity with BOM / BSL’s etc.
Knowledge, skills and personal qualities required
- Experience of International Aerospace/Space Quality Standards (AS 9100 or ECSS etc)
- Knowledge of Quality Control techniques
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes and qualification requirements
- Logical approach to problem solving
- Ability to multi-task effectively
- Ability to communicate at all levels
- Undertake and understand expert output in the domain of spacecraft Electric Propulsion
- Perform inspections and tests in the clients and third-party test facilities.
- Operate and ensure general compliance with ESA-ECSS approved product and quality assurance systems.
- PA Inspection and test support on specific EP test programmes.
- Problem solving / Innovative
- Effective communicator
- Adaptable / Flexible / Responsive
- Degree qualified or equivalent in engineering or technical sciences is required, together with experience in Product Assurance and Quality Assurance, preferably in the space industry.
- You will need the ability to work with minimum supervision, able to work in a multinational environment, work closely in teams and have good written and oral presentations skills.
- Knowledge of ESA ECSS processes and procedures and/or ISO-9001.
- Some experience of implementing Product Assurance requirements within a quality system certified to ISO 9001 would be an asset.
- Knowledge of Configuration Management.
TO APPLY FOR THIS ROLE CANDIDATES MUST HAVE LIVED IN THE UK AND A UNLIMITED RIGHT TO REMAIN IN ORDER TO GAIN SECURITY CLEARANCE
Matchtech Group Plc is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Job Type: Permanent
Start Date: ASAP
Salary: £25k – £30k pa
Ref No: 17906-194474SPR_716313
Date Advertised: 07 May 2009
Product Assurance (PA) Inspection & Test Engineer