Great new role for a Test Engineer with telecoms background. Initially 3 month contract, rate is up to £175 per day.
To be considered you must have experience working with any of the following: RS232, GPRS, 3g, TCP/IP, UDP/IP, narrowband protocols. You should also be comfortable working in an environment that often tests devices that have no specific GUI.
Vacancy Contact Details
Edgar Cowen IT Recruitment
01299 878 651 (T)
Contact Name: Mark Ashton
||Contract / Temp
||Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, East Anglia, UK
||£125 – £175 per day
We have an urgent need for an Electronic Test Engineer to be involved with a successful Research & Development team. You’ll be responsible for electronic product testing, RF and PCB test. You will require Security Clearance and people that are currently cleared will have an advantage.
Essential Skills Required
- Test and debugging down to component level
- Assisting with the production introduction of new products
- Modifying Test Scripts
- Environmental, ruggedness and performance testing
- Experience with Scopes, DVMs, Signal Generators, Spectrum Analysers
- RF Test
Desirable Skills Required
- Scripting such as Python, Java or equivalent
- Good understanding of Mathematics / Physics
- Familiar with Sensors and Sensing Technology
- Software to Hardware integration experience
- Communications such as CAN, RS485, RS232, Wireless and USB
Vacancy Contact Details
If you are interested in this role and can demonstrate the necessary experience, please forward your CV for immediate consideration.
+44 (0) 845 658 0416
Contact Name: Neil Wisher (firstname.lastname@example.org)
||£25 per hour
LabVIEW Software Developer/ Software Engineer. Aviation/ Engineering client- South Hants.
A LabVIEW Test Software Developer/ Programmer with commercial experience as a platform and development environment Engineer is required for the Test & Software group division of this Aviation client. Aviation background is ideal, a Defence background is a must.
Security Clearance or the ability to be Security Cleared is essential.
Qualifications and skills:
- Strong and current LabVIEW development experience (CLD or CLA preferable) up to Version 8.6 is essential
- Strong and current TestStand development and customisation experience (CTD or CTA preferable) Version 3.5 thru 4.1 ideally
- Practical experience in a dynamic hands on development environment
- Experience working as part of a team in a structured software development environment
- Networking and connectivity: USB, GPIB, LAN, .NET, COM
- Minimum Degree in Computer Science / Software Engineering or other Engineering discipline
- Test development is disciplines such as DC measurement and data capture, Digital signal measurement and generation, RF measurements techniques.
- Use of National Instruments Hardware PXI , USB DAQ, Compact RIO
- Experience with communicational standards and bus architecture such as RS232, GPIB, I2C and CAN
- SQL Database technologies would be advantageous
This is a role for a proactive, hands on software engineer, to design and develop fully documented, scalable and robust Automated Test Equipment software. The group has a responsibility to provide test systems to be used in the test and validation hardware, with the engineer gaining full lifecycle exposure from prototype test and software design through to final validation and production support.
Apply to email@example.com for immediate post.
This vacancy is being advertised by S.Com Group Ltd. The services advertised by S.Com Group Ltd are those of an Employment Agency and an Employment Business.
Job Type: Permanent
Location: South Coast, Hampshire, UK,
Start Date: ASAP
Salary: £40-45000 + bens
Ref No: 204303-25995
Date Advertised: 13th May 2009