An exciting opportunity for a software integration and test engineer has arisen with our client in Newport, a world-leading supplier of communications solutions that deliver increased military capability.
The software integration and test engineer will join the Software Development Group, based in South Wales and will be involved in developing suitable and independent testing of software products, including software integration and qualification of software releases, in support of the software development teams
Support the Software Development teams by undertaking product level and QV testing of the developed products.
Implementation of test harnesses to assist in software testing and integration at both CSC and CSCI levels.
Close co-operation with the software development teams in the investigation, diagnosis and reporting of software faults.
Preparation of test specifications and test reports.
Supporting technical reviews of test status.
Performing any other tasks related to product testing as directed by Software Test Lead.
Essential Skills and experience
BS Degree in EE, CS, Physics or equivalent.
Strong background in Software Design, Code, Test, VandV, version control using current methodologies, processes and tools.
Engineering experience in a Software Development and Integration environment. C++ development experience.
An understanding of the OSI-layered communications model, Internet protocols and Routing protocols.
Knowledge of test specification preparation.
Experience of real-time systems development, networking or control systems. Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
Desirable skills and experience
Defence/automotive/aerospace industry background.
Broad understanding of messaging protocols in both wired and wireless networks, e.g. TCP/IP, UDP, MilCAN
Familiar with Windows or Linux development environments.
Experience of Software Test Tools, e.g. LDRA TestBed, Rational Purify, PRQA, C++Unit.
Experience of OO Design and UML
Vacancy Contact Details
+44 (0)117 930 4204 (T)
Contact: Aaron Joachim
||Contract / Temp
||£300 – £350 p/day
Our client, a leading solution provider, and serving various international companies are looking to recruit an experienced Test Development Engineer with the ability to design and implement automated production test equipment to join their existing development engineering department on the development of a variety of leading edge products and applications.
Reporting to the Test Manager you will be responsible for the design of the hardware test strategy and documentation for a variety of solutions as required, development of test specifications and plans, taking ownership and implementing test strategies for products and projects and the qualification and verification of new hardware products.
Our client is looking for individuals who are qualified to degree standard or equivalent in a related subject such as Electronics, Science or Engineering and have at least 5 years commercial experience of working within Test Development including the design and development of test interfacing and the ability to influence design for test, writing technical and test documentation along with a good working knowledge of LabVIEW and JTAG/ boundary scan.
Individuals who can demonstrate knowledge of CAD, FPGA, Aerospace or Defence projects, Environmental / EMC testing, USB, SATA or configuration management would be a distinct advantage.
Our client is looking for individuals who are enthusiastic, self-motivated, possess a flexible attitude and either already in possession of or capable of obtaining UK security clearance.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a progressive company based in Dorset and who value their employees with the opportunity to work with unique and leading edge products.
Vacancy Contact Details
This vacancy is being advertised by Resource Appointments Limited. The services advertised by Resource Appointments Limited are those of an Employment Agency.
Resource Appointments Limited
01202 802150 (T)
01425 623668 (F)
Contact: Steve Lea
||Dorset, Weymouth, Dorchester, Blandford Forum, Bere Regis, Wareham, Poole, Bournemouth, Christchurch, Wimborne, Ringwood
||£30,000 – £35,000
Our client requires a Test engineer based in Cheltenham. Working as part of a testing work team in close conjunction with the application packaging work stream construct and run tests to ensure that applications, application packages, application sequences and associated artefacts work to expectation both at the unit and system level and meet the project requirements.
Work with team members to ensure the solution integrates seamlessly with the other deliverable components in terms of capability, performance and security. Be a good team player and a self motivated individual.
Primary roles and responsibilities include:
- Implementation of the application testing solution and associated toolsets and infrastructure
- Development and running of solution tests to ensure all requirements are met
- Run both manual and scripted application tests, as appropriate, to ensure all required application deliverables perform to expectation.
- Implement and enforce the standards and procedures that ensure the consistency and quality of tests.
- Communicate as necessary with specified escalation agencies to highlight any problematic applications
Skills, Knowledge and Required Experience:
- Knowledge of application testing methodologies, processes and associated technologies.
- Softgrid sequencing experience (App V Sequencing).
- Knowledge of toolsets such as Test Director would be advantageous.
- Knowledge of the HP infrastructure and processes.
- Security clearance (DV) is required, however candidates willing to run through the checks may also be considered.
Please forward C.Vs in the first instance.
Elan Global Accounts
||Contract / Temp
LabVIEW Software Developer/ Software Engineer. Aviation/ Engineering client- South Hants.
A LabVIEW Test Software Developer/ Programmer with commercial experience as a platform and development environment Engineer is required for the Test & Software group division of this Aviation client. Aviation background is ideal, a Defence background is a must.
Security Clearance or the ability to be Security Cleared is essential.
Qualifications and skills:
- Strong and current LabVIEW development experience (CLD or CLA preferable) up to Version 8.6 is essential
- Strong and current TestStand development and customisation experience (CTD or CTA preferable) Version 3.5 thru 4.1 ideally
- Practical experience in a dynamic hands on development environment
- Experience working as part of a team in a structured software development environment
- Networking and connectivity: USB, GPIB, LAN, .NET, COM
- Minimum Degree in Computer Science / Software Engineering or other Engineering discipline
- Test development is disciplines such as DC measurement and data capture, Digital signal measurement and generation, RF measurements techniques.
- Use of National Instruments Hardware PXI , USB DAQ, Compact RIO
- Experience with communicational standards and bus architecture such as RS232, GPIB, I2C and CAN
- SQL Database technologies would be advantageous
This is a role for a proactive, hands on software engineer, to design and develop fully documented, scalable and robust Automated Test Equipment software. The group has a responsibility to provide test systems to be used in the test and validation hardware, with the engineer gaining full lifecycle exposure from prototype test and software design through to final validation and production support.
Apply to email@example.com for immediate post.
This vacancy is being advertised by S.Com Group Ltd. The services advertised by S.Com Group Ltd are those of an Employment Agency and an Employment Business.
Job Type: Permanent
Location: South Coast, Hampshire, UK,
Start Date: ASAP
Salary: £40-45000 + bens
Ref No: 204303-25995
Date Advertised: 13th May 2009
- Conduct of specified avionics/weapon systems assessment trials, to include Mission Computer Operational Flight Plan, avionics system integration/functionality and weapon aiming assessments.
- Responsible for planning and execution of assessments (to include desk top, avionics rig and flight trials).
- Production of trials documentation. (Evaluation & Test Strategy, Trials Instructions, Flight Test Cards).
- Brief and Debrief aircrew during flight trials.
- Analysis and assessment of rig and flight trial results.
- Responsible for production of technical assessment report, to include Military Aircraft Release Recommendations.
- The candidate will preferably be educated to Degree level, alternatively, a Flight Test Engineer or an Ex Military Officer with relevant experience or aerosystems qualification.
- Flight test trials experience would be advantageous.
- Knowledge of aircraft avionics and weapons systems is desirable.
- Understanding of military airworthiness processes is desirable.
- Excellent Relocation Package
- Flexible Benefits
- Share Option Scheme
- Good opportunities for career development, regular reviews and career planning.
- Contributory Pension Scheme.
- Free Parking
Successful applicants will be required to obtain UK MOD security clearance prior to appointment.
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Salisbury, Swindon, Wiltshire, Chippenham, Trowbridge
Start Date: ASAP
Salary: £25k – £35k
paRef No: 144967-J42061A00061_786025
For more information and to apply for this vacancy visit: Flight Test Engineer
We are searching for a Product support / Quality Engineer to work at our Clients Aerospace site in Farnborough, Hampshire.
CANDIDATES MUST HAVE LIVED IN THE UK FOR THE PAST 5 YEARS AND A UNLIMITED RIGHT TO REMAIN IN ORDER TO GAIN SECURITY CLEARANCE
The Electric Propulsion (EP) team need a Product Assurance (PA) Engineer to provide day to day support of ongoing and future development and flight hardware manufacture and test programmes. The successful applicant will need practical experience of a PA engineering role in a space technology environment ideally including technology development and the provision of spaceflight hardware or ground support equipment. They will also need to demonstrate a clear understanding of, and a practical working knowledge of, ESA processes and standards.
The successful applicant will work closely with the EP team on a day to day basis and be based in the EP laboratory complex, reporting to the Space Department PA Manager.
- EP Team PA Inspection and Test Engineer: Supporting the production of Electric Propulsion systems using T5 and T6 thruster technologies.
- BepiColombo PA Inspection and Test Engineer: Inspection/Testing of the T6 engine with contractors’ equipment in the clients and third party test facilities
- The co-ordination and monitoring of quality control activities relating to space parts, to ensure that products comply with defined standards and that customer product specifications are met.
- To ensure quality activities are operated in compliance with the procedures contained in the Quality Manual and to ensure their effectiveness.
- To ensure that the inspection methods and practices implemented are effective.
- To ensure the inspection status of material, parts and assemblies is maintained.
- To provide regular analytical feedback of information on internal and external non-conforming products to the appropriate department(s) and to ensure that corrective/preventive action is timely and effective
- To review and authorise release documentation.
- To interface with CM, and review and authorise release of items under configuration control.
- To participate in Manufacturing/Design and Project Reviews as appropriate. Familiarity with BOM / BSL’s etc.
Knowledge, skills and personal qualities required
- Experience of International Aerospace/Space Quality Standards (AS 9100 or ECSS etc)
- Knowledge of Quality Control techniques
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes and qualification requirements
- Logical approach to problem solving
- Ability to multi-task effectively
- Ability to communicate at all levels
- Undertake and understand expert output in the domain of spacecraft Electric Propulsion
- Perform inspections and tests in the clients and third-party test facilities.
- Operate and ensure general compliance with ESA-ECSS approved product and quality assurance systems.
- PA Inspection and test support on specific EP test programmes.
- Problem solving / Innovative
- Effective communicator
- Adaptable / Flexible / Responsive
- Degree qualified or equivalent in engineering or technical sciences is required, together with experience in Product Assurance and Quality Assurance, preferably in the space industry.
- You will need the ability to work with minimum supervision, able to work in a multinational environment, work closely in teams and have good written and oral presentations skills.
- Knowledge of ESA ECSS processes and procedures and/or ISO-9001.
- Some experience of implementing Product Assurance requirements within a quality system certified to ISO 9001 would be an asset.
- Knowledge of Configuration Management.
TO APPLY FOR THIS ROLE CANDIDATES MUST HAVE LIVED IN THE UK AND A UNLIMITED RIGHT TO REMAIN IN ORDER TO GAIN SECURITY CLEARANCE
Matchtech Group Plc is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Job Type: Permanent
Start Date: ASAP
Salary: £25k – £30k pa
Ref No: 17906-194474SPR_716313
Date Advertised: 07 May 2009
Product Assurance (PA) Inspection & Test Engineer
Excellent opportunity for Systems Test Engineer to work for a blue chip client.
The role of the Systems Test Engineer will entail:
– Writing test specifications
– Executing tests
– Designing test cases
– Software Testing
– Network Support Engineering
– IP Network Security Testing
The following skills/experience will be required by the Systems Test Engineer:
– ISEB qualified
– Knowledge of software testing lifecycle
– Manual test design and execution experience
– S.C Clearance
– Engineering qualification or background
Our client is a leading defence company
+ Best Technical Recruiter 2008 and 2007
+ Best Engineering Staffing Company 2007
+ Best Induction, Training & Career Development Programme