My client requires a Chief Test Engineer (Integration & Verification). The company is the UK-based subsidiary. It is a prime contractor and major supplier to the UK Ministry of Defence and has developed strong capabilities in mission systems integration in defence, national security and commercial markets. The company employs 72,000 people worldwide.
My client has been awarded a £750 million Government programme to deliver an IT enabled, transformed Border security capability for the UK. This involves project/programme management on a very large scale for the design, development and implementation of state of the art secure systems and software.
The Chief Test Engineer will work within the IV&V (Integration Verification and Validation) team of the Solutions Design IPT. There will be significant customer exposure, through formal project meetings and working groups and so candidates must be comfortable with collaborative working to develop an overall solution.
The Chief Test Engineer reports to the IV&V IPT Lead, with responsibility for cost and schedule objectives, and leadership and management of all system test, including:
- Leadership and management of system test activities, including the Service Provider Solution and the e-Borders enterprise, up to the point of transition from Test into Service.
- Primary Authority point of contact for test-related matters and IV&V representative on the SRB.
- Responsible for meeting cost and schedule objectives.
- Contributing to establishing the strategies for accomplishing the Integration, Verification and Transition (IV&T) of each Release Project or Major Upgrade, including coordination with Product Development teams, the End-to-End Integration and Authority to Operate Testing Master Planner
- Management of Test Team leads
- Establishing strong relationships with the programmes customer, key stakeholders, Subcontractors, and Raytheon US counterparts.
- Degree in Scientific or Engineering discipline or equivalent experience
- Significant experience of IV&V tasks on at least one major programme
- Experience of leading, managing, and mentoring engineering teams
- Second degree in relevant subject
- Holder of current SC security clearance
Demonstrable Experience and Knowledge
- Proven experience in IV&V design and solution implementation, with extensive experience as Systems or IV&V Engineer with full lifecycle coverage.
- Recent and active engagement in system integration & testing particularly in software intensive systems.
- Deep understanding of the Systems Engineering lifecycle, and demonstrable application of relevant methodologies and toolsets.
- Proven and successful track record in delivery of IV&V programs for major database intensive system integration programmes.
- Experience of UK Government or MOD procurement practices.
Vacancy Contact Details
|Salary||£60,000 – £80,000 pa + benefits|