The roots of this market leader UK story lie in the difficulties encountered by UKMoD EOD personnel addressing the terrorist threat dating back to the early 1970s.
From very simple beginnings, the vehicle, which was soon named “Wheelbarrow”, became more advanced as technology offered increased capability to the EOD operator. Wheelbarrow has now developed to Mark 8 Plus II, and is regarded by EOD specialists world-wide as the most capable and reliable unmanned vehicle available.
Today, Wheelbarrow is in service throughout the world in the most demanding of operating scenarios. The vehicle is unmatched for its combination of speed, dexterity, reach and payload capabilities. Obviously we provide equipment to a world where failure can be fatal. As the supplier of generic tele-operated systems to the EOD community we bring unique field experience and a realism in terms of manufacturing practicalities. We are an ISO9000:2000 Company.
Wheelbarrow is universally recognised as the benchmark when considering vehicles for Remote Improvised Explosive Device disposal. This market leaders vehicles are now also designed for other applications, in industrial, nuclear and security environments.
A world leading Integrated Robotic Systems Company is currently seeking a dynamic Systems Engineer to join their expanding Systems Engineering Department. The successful candidate will assist in developing and implementing structured engineering solutions and strategies to meet programme requirements across the whole development lifecycle in accordance with customer requirements, legislation, human factors and business needs. They will be responsible for the control of own work packages to meet agreed technical, quality, cost and schedule requirements.
- Develop innovative engineering solutions to meet the requirements of the project to agreed schedule, quality and cost requirements across the whole development lifecycle within the context of the lifecycle management process.
- Work with customers, other engineering disciplines and other internal departments across the whole development process and respond to their requests in a timely and professional manner.
- Capture, define and manage requirements through a disciplined and rigorous approach to requirements management and ask challenging questions about the requirements and architecture of the system at each level of the hierarchy.
- Management of system requirements in accordance with customer requirements, legislation, human factors and business needs and validation and verification that the system that has been produced as a result meets the original specification.
- Disciplined and rigorous approach to requirements management using the DOORS capture tool.
- Ability to write integration and verification plans, define detailed test procedures and demonstrate effective management of systems verification activities.
- Generate, perform, approve and validate results of verification plans, test plans, analysis, test case design and other specific kinds of tests including, system tests, development tests, unit tests, component tests, integration tests, regression tests, stress tests, acceptance tests and qualification tests as appropriate.
- To manage proving and/or acceptance trials on systems equipment.
- To fault find and rectify problems found and to prepare test and design office reports.
- Provide confidence that work products conform to all aspects of technical and quality requirements through robust configuration control, review and change management processes.
- Understand and assist with customers’ systems engineering problems and provide them with acceptable solutions.
- Ensure systems architectures are developed considering alternative concepts and trade analysis in order to determine preferred solution.
- Understanding of the architecture of product design and ability to create a range of alternative interdisciplinary concepts, perform trade off analysis and determine preferred solution.
- Experience of facilitating trade-offs between hardware and software and deriving discipline specific requirements.
- Construct and implement embedded solutions including detailed design, technical reviews, and performance optimisation.
- Define strategies in order to comprehensively review and exercise designs to detect defects and evaluate features in both development and manufacture.
- Understand and implement the requirements for the certification of safety critical products in partnership with the appropriate development assurance level requirements and processes.
- Understand safety critical applications and the management of associated risks, hazards and mitigations leading to the development of a system safety case.
- Assist the Chief Engineer and Engineering Manager in the formulation of engineering strategy and continual process improvement, in support of the company business and strategic objectives.
- Provide effective technical support, including customer liaison, to all departments at both company’s and customers’ premises as required.
- Preparation of schemes and systems architecture design from Customer specifications or approved Research and Development tasks.
- Liaison with all SMEs and disciplines with the Design Office in order to produce coherent and comprehensive design solutions and packages.
- Preparation and maintenance of Interface Control Specifications.
- Inform equipment suppliers by means of Design Specifications or correspondence of new equipment requirements.
Vacancy Contact Details
Contact Name: Nick Stuart
|Location||Birmingham, Coventry, Dudley, Solihull, Walsall, Wolverhampton, Worcestershire, West Midlands|
|Salary||£34,000 – £35,000 pa|