(Operational Support Systems)
A large telecommunication vendor requires the services of an OSS test specialist to work within the OSS / BSS / SI team.
You will need to have expertise in test planning and execution for this mission. The OSS test engineers duties are to ensure effective planning and execution of test cases, to perform test planning activities for the generation of modular test cases and suites for execution. Other duties include performance and progression of manual and automated test cases to mitigate the risk.
The successful candidate will need the following skills;
- Ability to define & implement Test Plans and Test Cases in the OSS subject matter domain.
- Ability & Experience of test execution on leading OSS and frontier COTS products. (Axiom, Netcool, Remedy, Proviso, Weblogic, Cramer)
- Ability & Experience of integration testing with leading BSS systems.
- Ability to communicate, collaborate with others in the use of System Integration Testing.
- Hold an ISEB Testing Certification to ensure common understanding and a career decision to be a tester.
Any of the skills listed below are highly desirable but not essential;
- Unix and Oracle DB and SQL and scripting experience
- Leading Test Tools such as Mercury, Rational
- Leading Test Management Tools such as Mercury, Rational
- Assurance Platforms such as Netcool
- Provisioning Platforms such as Axioss and Cramer and Sydnesis
- Inventory Platforms such as Cramer and Granite
- Ticketing systems such as Remedy
- Performance Platforms such as Proviso
- Order / CRM Platforms such as Cramer/Seibel/SAP
- Unix & Oracle
Vacancy Contact Details
Skillbase Consulting Limited
01322 316 237 (T)
Contact Name: Tom Griffiths
||Contract / Temp
||£300 – £350 per day
Experienced Software Tester, Test Engineer, Test Analyst, QA, ISEB East Midlands, Leicestershire, Leicester.
Our client who are based in Leicester who are award winning Software Development Company who are looking for a Working Experienced Software Tester to join their expanding team-
Your role will be to ensure the high quality of the software releases, including the operability, performance, robustness, usability and overall quality of the software products.
Working closely with the Development Team, you will be expected to drive all aspects of quality assurance improving the efficiency of testing, from functional specification review, peer review of unit test plans including feedback to development teams, through to test planning, test execution of systems and/or infrastructure in test and live environments, always meeting business requirements. You will also be responsible for implementing the test plan, using manual and automated testing methods.
You will have strong knowledge of the following types of testing –
- Extensive software development experience
- User acceptance
- System Integration,
- End to end
- Degree in computing
- Certificate in ISEB for software testing
- Excellent communication
- Methodical & analytical
- Problem solver
- Attention to detail
In return they are offering an excellent remuneration package.
Interested! Please email you CV to Jhenshaw@ask-recruitment.co.uk or call Janine on 01162882111
See also Software Tester, Test Engineer, Test Analyst
Leicester, East Midlands
up to £30,000 DOE
11 May 2009
Our client who is currently part of the delivery team on a prestigious rail project are currently looking for a Integration & Test Engineer.
You will be asked to contribute to all aspects of system integration and system testing including writing of the test specification, conducting the testing, reporting defects.
Our client will supply a new SCADA-based transportation control system and other associated systems in a programme extending over several years. The equipment to be integrated and tested includes SCADA, Radio, PLCs, RTUs, Passenger Information Displays, Passenger Address equipment, RTUs, LAN/WAN equipment.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
The successful applicant will work within the Integration & Test team under the guidance of the Integration & Test Manager.
The main duties include
- Interfacing with project team
- Interfacing with the client, to gain approval of test specifications and to host acceptance testing activities
- Planning of activities to be performed and the resources required, to achive project milestones
- Reporting on progress
- Writing and execution of Test Specifications
- Recording test results and raising issues.
- Managing other test engineers
- Write test specification, working from system requirements
- Execute test specifications (according to test plan and project schedule)
- Record results of test execution
- Raise/investigate/verify defects
- Maintain quality target/standard
- Escalate issues to the Integration & Test Manager where necessary
- Provide status reports to the Integration & Test Manager
Features of the job:
- The work will be carried out at our clients premises in Greater Manchester.
- Occasional travel to Customer sites is required.
Qualifications and Training:
- Degree qualification and/or relevant experience
Work Experience, Skills and Knowledge:
- Production & execution of test specifications
- Raising of defectsFull test cycle experience
- Familiarity with the testing of SCADA applications
- Customer facing acceptance role
- Ethernet / IP knowledge
- Server / workstation configuration
Test tool experience
- Requirements management and tracing tools experience (i.e. DOORS)
- Defect reporting (JIRA)
- Configuration control
Qualities, Abilities and Aptitudes:
- -Self motivated, innovative and willing to exercise initiative.
- Customer focused, acting as an ambassador with the client.
- Able to overcome barriers and make things happen
- To have the ability to work individually as well as part of a team.
- To be willing to share knowledge
Job Type: Contract/Temp
Location: Greater Manchester, Greater Manchester, UK
Start Date: ASAP
Duration: 6 Months
Salary: Up To £285-00 per Day
Ref No: 100432-RAIL-IW-IT020
Date Advertised: 11 May 2009
For more information: Integration & Test Engineer