Our clients have an enviable history of delivering rail engineering projects worldwide – from inception through to project close out. It’s an exciting time for our business as we’re working on highly varied projects ranging from small and niche to large and multi-disciplinary.
They currently have a requirement for a Testing Commissioning Manager on our Thameslink Project in London
The duties will include but are not limited too:
- Ensuring the safe testing and commissioning of completed installations to achieve the necessary plant performance in accordance with the Project programme requirements.
- Developing the Testing and Commissioning Strategy for the Project and thus establish the sequence, scope and detailed breakdown by discipline of the packages to be handed over by the Project.
- Establishing Documentation Systems required for undertaking and recording all Testing and Commissioning activities.
- In conjunction with the Implementation Manager developing and managing Testing and Commissioning programmes.
- In conjunction with the Implementation Manager identifying the requirements and assisting in the recruitment of Testing and Commissioning resource.
- Production of the Testing and Commissioning Strategy for inclusion in the GRIP 4 Stage of the Project.
- Identifying any particular Testing/Commissioning requirements/features that may need to be incorporated into the design of equipment/systems.
- Managing the production of System Commissioning requirements / specifications / procedures and all associated documentation for the permanent works integrated systems and coordination of these with the Implementation Manager.
- Directly providing specialist testing /commissioning advice to or on behalf of the E&P Project Team as may be relevant or appropriate.
- Interfacing with NR on behalf of and/or in conjunction the Team in respect of any Testing and Commissioning activity.
- Interfacing with Design Team and Construction Team in respect of site queries where relevant and where agreed with the Engineering Manager.
- Interfacing with any specialist Testing/Commissioning service organisation (internal or external) on behalf of the Team.
- In conjunction with the Systems Integration & Assurance Manager, interfacing with equipment Suppliers in respect of Factory Test requirements and documentation.
- Attending Factory Acceptance Tests or arranging such attendance in conjunction with the Engineering Manager or System Integration & Assurance Manager as may be required.
- Identifying the requirements for testing and commissioning equipment that may be required, sourcing this equipment and if necessary subsequently being the guardian of all such equipment and ensuring it is properly maintained and calibrated as may be required
- Development of the arrangements for the issuing, filing, storage and safe keeping of all Testing and Commissioning documentation.
- Commercial and Financial Awareness
- Client Focus
- Decision Making
- Developing Self and Others
- Influencing and Persuading
- Planning and Organising
- Problem Solving
- Result Focus
- Self starting
On offer is a salary of up to £45,000 along with an Inner London allowance of £2538 and excellent benefits package
Vacancy Contact Details
McGinley Recruitment Services Limited
01923 725 600 (T)
Contact Name: Kim McKeown
||Up to £45,000
- HND/Degree in Electrical & Electronic engineering or equivalent
Required Skills and Experience
- Experience in designing, fabricating, programming and commissioning bespoke test systems
- Experience in generating technical and user documentation for test systems
- Sound programming ability of PLC’s & HMI’s, preferably Siemens
- Sound programming ability using C++, VB, Labview or similar
- Experience of designing PCBs and Control panels
- Experience working with AutoCAD and Pro Engineer
- Able to work under his/her own initiative and formulate strategies for continual improvement.
- Proficient in the use of MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- High standard of numeracy and literacy.
- Review current manual Factory Qualification Test (FQT) methods of electro-mechanical assemblies and develop a technical specification for an automated/semi-automated test system
- Generate a project proposal, including timelines and costing
- Design, fabricate and install new test systems
- Develop user documentation for test systems
- Train users on the operation and maintenance of the test systems
- Identify other operations within the production environment that could be automated and present proposals to senior management
Full UK driving licence is required
Vacancy Contact Details
View online detailed job description: Electrical & Electronic Test Control Engineer
+44 (0)20 8307 6000 (T)
The Software Test Engineer role will involve:
- Working as a member of the Software Test Team to perform testing functions including; analysing business and technical requirements.
- Identifying test scenarios writing and reviewing test documentation
- Executing test scripts according to schedule and raising defects and tracking them through to resolution
Ideally the candidate for Software Test Engineer role will have:
- UNIX and Windows experience
- HND or equivalent qualification
- Demonstrated aptitude for coding / scripting is essential, and experience as a software developer is desirable.
This role would also suit a junior skill level Software Engineer / Software Test Engineer
Our client is one of the UK’s leading Aerospace and Defence companies and due to an unprecedented amount of work they are looking for a Test Engineer/ Software Test Engineer to join their team in Hampshire.
Vacancy Contact Details
01737 822000 (T)
01737 823031 (F)
CBSbutler operates as both an employment business and an employment agency.
||£20,000 – £30,000 pa + benefits
The test equipment is expected to be developed jointly with the production test team to utilise latest test concepts to facilitate flexibility of test and modular re-use. It is expected that the test equipment will generally be a mixture of bought-in equipment and custom made items. Web connectivity for remote access, control and analysis is expected to feature. Tools to facilitate data analysis and presentation must be provided as appropriate.
The team leader will be responsible for closely working with the project team to ensure that the team and customer test requirements are met on schedule.
This role will be responsible for agreeing the specification of the test equipment with the project team, the production test team and the customer.
- Ensure timely availability of suitable test equipment for a variety of development projects
- Establish product test requirements with various project teams and customers
- Manage creation of development test specifications and documentation
- Ensure compatibility of development test requirements with production test capabilities
- Manage the development test documentation to ensure a smooth and speedy transition to production test
- Support the production test team in the development of future test capabilities
- Create suitable project plans for the procurement of development test equipment and work to them
- Create suitable project plans for the handover of development test activities to the production test team and work to them
- Manage the engineering development test team
- Mentor, develop and appraise direct reports
- Significant ability in electronic engineering which must include recent aerospace test experience
- Knowledgeable about latest electronic test technologies
- Electronics degree or similar
- Analogue and digital electronics design skills
- Knowledge of formal software design in any modern high level programming language
- Knowledge of statistics as applied to statistical process control in production testing
- Team leadership abilities
- Negotiating skills
- Planning skills
- Ability to manage suppliers
- Readiness to travel
- Capable of filling customer facing role
- Chartered Engineer
- Commercial understanding
- Budget ownership experience
- Quality systems knowledge
- Understanding of databases
- Six sigma green or black belt
Vacancy Contact Details
Advanced Resource Managers (MAN)
023 92228228 (T)
023 92228229 (F)
Contact: Gemma Langley
||£35,000 – £42,000 pa + 25 days
Salary £30,000 – £35,000 + bens
Due to a period of sustained growth, my client, a world leading supplier of process control systems into a variety of industry sectors is currently looking for Test Engineers to carry out system testing on substation automation systems.
Reporting into the Test Engineering Team Leader with regular interfacing with the system engineer and project managers, the main responsibilities of the role are as follows:
- Carry out point to point wiring checks and Applied Voltage Withstand Tests
- Download Configurations to Intelligent Electronic Devices
- Set up Test Equipment and wiring
- Perform systems testing as prescribed in the test plan
- Support system Engineers with performing customer witness tests
- Disassemble test wiring and equipment
- Complete Test Documentation
Other duties can include
- Modification of cubicle wiring
- Supporting system engineers in the design process
- Support Commissioning Engineers on site
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of an HNC/HND in Electrical/Electronic Engineering, will be able to read and understand wiring and schematic diagrams as well as have the ability to understand configuration of protection IED’s and relays. You must have demonstrable experience with protection systems and have good knowledge of secondary injections and electrical test safety regulations.
The candidate must also be self motivated, dedicated and have the ambition to have a long and dedicated career within the industry.
If you feel that you have the necessary skills and experience, then please forward your CV with salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01925 255 477 for more information. (For further information see also Test Engineer).
||12th May 2009