My client are a world leader in the design and manufacture of specialist electronic control systems. They currently require a Senior Test Equipment Design Engineer to join their expanding team. You will be responsible for Designing, producing, commissioning and supporting test equipment hardware and software for test and calibration of the companies products.
You will have good commercial experience in designing and programming special purpose test equipment in an ATE / Production environment.
You must have experience of programming languages such as;
- NI LabWindows CVI
- HP Basic
- Visual Basic
- C (and/or C++ )
- or any other high-level ATE language.
You will ideally have a good understanding of both analogue and digital circuits.
This is a fantastic opportunity with a stable company offering training and career progression.
Vacancy Contact Details
Redline Group Ltd
01582 878819 (T)
01582 458685 (F)
Contact Name: David Phillpott
||Middlesex, West London
||Up to £40,000 (basic) + benefits
The test equipment is expected to be developed jointly with the production test team to utilise latest test concepts to facilitate flexibility of test and modular re-use. It is expected that the test equipment will generally be a mixture of bought-in equipment and custom made items. Web connectivity for remote access, control and analysis is expected to feature. Tools to facilitate data analysis and presentation must be provided as appropriate.
The team leader will be responsible for closely working with the project team to ensure that the team and customer test requirements are met on schedule.
This role will be responsible for agreeing the specification of the test equipment with the project team, the production test team and the customer.
- Ensure timely availability of suitable test equipment for a variety of development projects
- Establish product test requirements with various project teams and customers
- Manage creation of development test specifications and documentation
- Ensure compatibility of development test requirements with production test capabilities
- Manage the development test documentation to ensure a smooth and speedy transition to production test
- Support the production test team in the development of future test capabilities
- Create suitable project plans for the procurement of development test equipment and work to them
- Create suitable project plans for the handover of development test activities to the production test team and work to them
- Manage the engineering development test team
- Mentor, develop and appraise direct reports
- Significant ability in electronic engineering which must include recent aerospace test experience
- Knowledgeable about latest electronic test technologies
- Electronics degree or similar
- Analogue and digital electronics design skills
- Knowledge of formal software design in any modern high level programming language
- Knowledge of statistics as applied to statistical process control in production testing
- Team leadership abilities
- Negotiating skills
- Planning skills
- Ability to manage suppliers
- Readiness to travel
- Capable of filling customer facing role
- Chartered Engineer
- Commercial understanding
- Budget ownership experience
- Quality systems knowledge
- Understanding of databases
- Six sigma green or black belt
Vacancy Contact Details
Advanced Resource Managers (MAN)
023 92228228 (T)
023 92228229 (F)
Contact: Gemma Langley
||£35,000 – £42,000 pa + 25 days
EMC/TEMPEST TEST ENGINEER
An opportunity has arisen for a Senior Engineer working in the Industry EMC Group with our leading services client based in Fareham, Hampshire. The role will be predominantly test engineering on a combination of Aerospace, Defence and Industrial products both onsite and in-situ. The main focus will be EMC work but with a significant element of TEMPEST testing.
- EMC / TEMPEST – Both Screened enclosure and In-situ.
- Test Plan and Report Writing.
- Test Equipment / Method Development / Evaluation.
- Assistance to customers during failure phase of their EMC test program and general consultancy prior to start of job.
- Validation of clients’ requirements (may require site visits).
- Assistance to sales with provision of quotations.
- Project Management of EMC jobs including financial control.
- Excellent Interpersonal skills and the ability to work as part of a team or individually.
- Pro-active and self motivated with the ability to manage own workload.
- Knowledge of TEMPEST testing techniques with a minimum basic TEMPEST qualification.
- Flexibility and a commitment to a rostered shift pattern to meet business requirements.
- A good engineering qualification, or relevant experience in RF / Electronics.
- Commitment to continuous improvement initiatives.
- Excellent IT skills and experience of Microsoft Office.
- Full Driving License
- SC security clearance
- Transmitter Testing Qualification
- Advanced TEMPEST Tester qualification
To apply please email your cv to: firstname.lastname@example.org with ref: SD10883 & your availability & salary expectations (see also EMC/TEMPEST TEST ENGINEER)
||Fareham, Portsmouth, Segensworth, Southampton, Eastleigh, West Sussex, Chichester, Brighton, Hampshire
||£30000-£35000 doe + ben
Salary £30,000 – £35,000 + bens
Due to a period of sustained growth, my client, a world leading supplier of process control systems into a variety of industry sectors is currently looking for Test Engineers to carry out system testing on substation automation systems.
Reporting into the Test Engineering Team Leader with regular interfacing with the system engineer and project managers, the main responsibilities of the role are as follows:
- Carry out point to point wiring checks and Applied Voltage Withstand Tests
- Download Configurations to Intelligent Electronic Devices
- Set up Test Equipment and wiring
- Perform systems testing as prescribed in the test plan
- Support system Engineers with performing customer witness tests
- Disassemble test wiring and equipment
- Complete Test Documentation
Other duties can include
- Modification of cubicle wiring
- Supporting system engineers in the design process
- Support Commissioning Engineers on site
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of an HNC/HND in Electrical/Electronic Engineering, will be able to read and understand wiring and schematic diagrams as well as have the ability to understand configuration of protection IED’s and relays. You must have demonstrable experience with protection systems and have good knowledge of secondary injections and electrical test safety regulations.
The candidate must also be self motivated, dedicated and have the ambition to have a long and dedicated career within the industry.
If you feel that you have the necessary skills and experience, then please forward your CV with salary expectations to email@example.com or call 01925 255 477 for more information. (For further information see also Test Engineer).
||12th May 2009
Red River’s Crawley-based client urgently requires an experienced Electronics Engineer to join their busy R&D Department.
Responsibilities will include:
* The design & development of electro-mechanical assemblies, (analogue & digital).
* The design & build of test equipment.
* Build and test of prototype electronic and electro-mechanical assemblies.
* Design and layout of integrated circuits to assist the Development Departments in the UK and overseas.
Red River is an independent specialist agency providing permanent recruitment solutions to companies throughout the UK in all sectors of the engineering, manufacturing and construction industries. Covering a broad range of skills and disciplines, we work as closely as possible with both clients and candidates to resolve their recruitment issues in a timely, cost effective and professional manner.
Whatever your requirements, whether an employer or a jobseeker, our consultants are always available to listen, advise and assist.
Skills and Qualifications Qualifications, skills & experience required: Electronics Engineering Degree or equivalent. * Extensive experience in electronics design company. * Knowledge of Electronic Design, CAD, Production and Test equipment. * Good understanding of PCB assembly methods including surface mount. * Previous experience in circuit design with 80C31 / 87C51 series micro-processors. * Ability to fault find to component level on analogue, digital and embedded microprocessors technologies. * Competency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and outlook essential. Additional experience preferred/advantageous: * Experience in electronics R&D. * USB design and interface design. * An understanding of stepper motors and stepper motor control. Salary: Negotiable depending on experience + benefits (please state salary requirements when applying) Please Note: Regrettably we are unable to respond to all applications due to the high volume currently being received. Applicants with skills and experience closely matching our clients’ requirements will be contacted within 7 days. If you have not been contacted within 7 days your application will not have been successful on this occasion. Unless instructed otherwise by you, we will keep your details on record so that we may consider you for future vacancies as they arise. If this isn’t quite the job you are looking for please visit our website to view all of our current engineering and technical job vacancies. Alternatively please feel free to email your CV or just call us to discuss your options – we look forward to hearing from you. Red River Resourcing Ltd operates as an employment agency for this, and many other engineering, technical and professional vacancies.
Company: Red River Resourcing Ltd
Salary: Salary Negotiable + Benefits
Location: Crawley, West Sussex