We have an urgent need for an Electronic Test Engineer to be involved with a successful Research & Development team. You’ll be responsible for electronic product testing, RF and PCB test. You will require Security Clearance and people that are currently cleared will have an advantage.
Essential Skills Required
- Test and debugging down to component level
- Assisting with the production introduction of new products
- Modifying Test Scripts
- Environmental, ruggedness and performance testing
- Experience with Scopes, DVMs, Signal Generators, Spectrum Analysers
- RF Test
Desirable Skills Required
- Scripting such as Python, Java or equivalent
- Good understanding of Mathematics / Physics
- Familiar with Sensors and Sensing Technology
- Software to Hardware integration experience
- Communications such as CAN, RS485, RS232, Wireless and USB
Vacancy Contact Details
If you are interested in this role and can demonstrate the necessary experience, please forward your CV for immediate consideration.
+44 (0) 845 658 0416
Contact Name: Neil Wisher (firstname.lastname@example.org)
||£25 per hour
Senior Software Tester / Software Tester / Test Automation Engineer / Tester / Test Analyst (full lifecycle automated testing of software development projects / web server technologies using open source tools and XML) Bristol / South West. £28K-£35K plus excellent comprehensive benefits which include bonus plus pension, health, sharesave and more !
Are you a highly competent Software Tester? Would you like to work for a market leading and global PLC software house at the cutting edge of technology who really reward their staff on merit, if so, I have a superb opportunity !
My client is seeking a talented senior individual who is passionate about automated testing who will be responsible for the QA and testing phase of software development projects. Responsibilities will cover the complete lifecycle of testing activities, including preparation of test plans and test cases, execution of tests, replication of faults, test reporting, retesting and closeout.
You will have competence in much of the following ;
- develop and implement test suites and scripts for automated testing
- liaise with and perhaps mentor a small team of automated test engineers based in Bangalore, India
- developing test plans and scripts exercising the full range of available functionality
- testing in multiple domains (performance, usability, functional etc)
- execution of tests in accordance with plans and release schedules
- accurate reporting on test execution
- maintaining the quality of the tested deliverables and defects
- configuration of test environments
- reporting to QA Manager on progress in developing test suites and documentation of the test framework
- working with development to clarify expected system behaviour.
You should also have much of the following
- exposure to open source web testing tools
- the ability to lead a remote team to develop and implement automated tests
- ability to create automated tests for Web Server Technologies
- experience in scripting automated tests for both new products and product maintenance
- knowledge in developing and implementing reusable and scalable automated test harnesses (NUnit and .NET experience is relevant)
- HTML and XML, experience in configuring test environments
- good understanding and experience of structured testing techniques.
If you have any of the following then this would be further advantageous
- MS SQL Server including SQL Scripting
- Microsoft Windows
- Client/Server technologies
- knowledge of WatiN and/or Selenium
- working with AJAX type applications
- understanding of XPath.
To learn more about this excellent, unique opportunity please send a CV as soon as possible, immediate interviews !
Vacancy Contact Details
Project People Limited
01202 313180 (T)
01202 313601 (F)
Contact Name: Kathryn Nash (email@example.com)
||Bristol, South West, England
||£28,000 – £35,000 pa + bonus + pension
In a break from the norm, Testers are seen as equals to their colleagues in Software Engineering. With that in mind we are looking for a Tester to work closely with the developers and someone who can hold their own when it comes to programming (C# preferably). Your role in the software development lifecycle is to stress and attempt to break everything put in front of you. This is a highly technical role and you will be testing both API and GUI layers. You will also be responsible for writing automated test code (C# and NUnit). Writing Test Plans and writing and executing Test Cases.
- Degree or equivalent
- Either a Developer (C#) who has been Testing you own work or a Tester with solid Programming expertise (capable of writing automated test code using C# and/or NUnit)
- Capable of writing Test Plans, Test Scripts, Test Cases
- A passion for Software Testing and committed to a career in Test
- SQL Server
- Test Case Management
- White Box Testing
Vacancy Contact Details
Ideal People Ltd exists to align industry specialists with client expectations. We’re recruitment experts in the IT, Communications, e-Business and New Media sectors in the UK and internationally
Ideal People Ltd
01908 562297 (T)
Contact name: Nick.Tooley@Idealpeople.net
View details online: Test Engineer/C# Developer – Cambridge UK
||Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, East Anglia, Essex, Suffolk, Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire, Northamptonshire, Royston, Bury St. Edmunds, Ipswich, London, Stevenage, Peterborough, Huntingdon, Newmarket, Saffron Walden
||ASAP (0 – 3 months)
||£30,000 – £35,000 pa
Key Tasks / Responsibilities
- Produce Product and System level test plans from customer requirement and project team inputs.
- Identify test equipment requirements for all Product/System test plans, and ensure it is available.
- Carry out internal validation of products against Product and System level test plans, ensuring a full validation report and audit trail is available.
- Prepare Products for external certification, identifying any additional information/scripts/equipment that may be required for the external certification.
- Carry out Certification runs on products where the certification body allows these to be carried out externally.
- Provide consultation with other parts of the EMEA validation team on test plans/processes where EMEA teams have been sub-contracted by national and international customers. This includes review of customer test plans.
- Ensure all test plans and associated documents are kept up to date, modified, released according to Company procedures, with associated audit trail.
- Ensure that all issues are logged via Test Result sheets and/or Bug/AVP database.
- Participate in all Software Release Reviews.
- Keep up to date with the latest evolutions of APACS and EMV specifications, and advise on potential deficiencies where appropriate.
Essential Skills and Abilities
- Technical and IT abilities.
- Computer literate, with competent PC skills.
- Able to work as part of the team and use own initiative.
- Possess good communication skills (written and oral).
- Logical thinker, which will assist in following test plans.
Experience and Qualifications
- Previous experience in a tester role is required.
- Knowledge of payment terminals/card payments industry would be preferable.
PLEASE NOTE AS THIS IS A SHORT TERM ASSIGNMENT, OUR CLIENT IS LOOKING FOR SOMEONE LOCAL WITHIN A 30 MILE RADIUS
Vacancy Contact Details
Role is being advertised by Adecco
For more information and to apply, use this link: Test Engineer
||Contract / Temp
||£14.00 – £18.00 / hour
Large Energy Corporation looking for a Applications UAT Test Manager/Co-ordinator to work in London.
To Manage all aspects of application User Acceptance Testing for a Windows XP migration project.
- UAT Script Creation and QA and reporting
- Identify, Organize and schedule UAT Resource(s)
- Organize facilities for UAT activities
- Schedule UAT slots aligned with the Application Packaging work stream
Technical Skills Required
- Experience of UAT testing
- Experience of writing test scripts and reports
- Knowledge of defect logging and tracking
- General understanding of client computing as implemented in large scale distributed environments
- Familiarity with applications including shrink-wrapped and client/server
- Previous project experience of a desktop refresh exercise in a large scale distributed environment
- Business Skills Required
- Excellent organizational, communications and people skills
- Experience in multi-site resource scheduling and co-ordination
- Work to tight timescales
- Perceptive of business priorities
- Experience of creating concise and structured reports
- Previous experience of application rationalisation highly desirable
- Experience of a large scale utilities environment
- To manage all aspect of User Acceptance Testing with respect to (Development and Network Applications.
- Act as the co-ordination point with the Business for application UAT
- Creation, QA and sign-off of application specific UAT Scripts and templates
- Creation and maintenance of UAT processes to ensure all work is consistent and approved
- Co-ordinate and organize the facilities for UAT activities,
- Organise and schedule UAT Resource(s) to do UAT work to meet project timescales
Capita Resourcing Ltd
01628 408100 (T)
01628 408101 (F)
||Contract / Temp
||£300 – £350 /day